Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Rodarte.

Tues. 02/11/2014.











Let's get one thing out of the way... I don't Like the Mulleavy Sisters Aesthetic in the Least. I am not inclined to think them Clever, Or Inventive, Or Anything other than... Awful. I am being Candid and it might sound Harsh, but it's the way I feel. 

Now on to Eating My Words! For Fall 2014, however laden with still some of the worst aspects of Kate and Laura Mulleavy's Work, The Sister act produced an Absolutely ASTOUNDING Collection! It WAS Clever! It WAS Inventive! It was, Great! I don't know how they pulled this outta their Arses, but They Did! And Mazel Tov to them! It Started AMAZINGLY... Those Crystal Beaded Chiffon Stunners were Gasp-Inducing! Exit No. 5, The Blue Gown was worthy of a Academy Award itself. Couldn't you just see that on some actress whilst accepting her Oscar? Miraculous! 

Then they threw in some Signature Rodarte moves and the collection began losing some steam, The 70's Partridge Family, Crafts-y Crochet and Embroidery motifs and the Carol Brady High-Waist Pants were doing nothing to Stimulate. Then, even Sadder, The girls decided it was time to Play "Let's Make Prada Knockoffs" and it, Fortunately, Looked Kinda Cool, even if it was aping all thing Miuccia! The Sparkly Festively coloured Coats All looked as good as could be, just it was an unnecessary Move to make. The collection was already strong. Maybe though, it was just a little fillip of Perversity that suits the girls... it surely brings a little turbulence to the table! 

The Section of Dresses that had a Renaissance feel to them (There's That Valentino Touch again!) were Shockingly Good! But it was at the end when the sisters TOTALLY got me to come over to the "Dark Side" The "Star Wars" gowns were to be Utterly LAUGHABLE if they had not been so GODDAMN AWESOME! I am serious. I wanted to Slap them for taking such an Idiotic Risk and Playing to the Crowd, then I wanted to Slap Myself for not seeing the inherent Brilliance in such a move, This was not motivated by Fanboy/Girl Pandering, It was a Twisted, Subversive, Perverse Play on Pop Culture and Made OUTRAGEOUS Sense! The Gowns themselves were Luminous Achievements of Evening Glamour and Truly bought a Tear to my eye for the Sheer Audacious Wit of them. Not to mention their SUBLIME Beauty, That "Skywalker" Print gown in Champagne Ivory at Exit No. 35 and the "C3-PO" and "R2-D2" Print one in that Miraculous Sea Blue at Exit No. 36 were Just Plain Ol' Devastatingly GORGEOUS Gowns and Moments that will live in Fashion Infamy, Forevermore! 

I have had nothing but unkind words for the Mulleavy's in the past... No More. This was a Watershed Collection, One that I am happy I was Alive to Witness. It will rank with the Greatest of The Great and I hope will put a Mark in the History Pages for the Sisters Mulleavy. Great Job, Ladies! Enchante! 










That's All.










Bye4Now!


No comments:

Post a Comment